USMLESarthi Step 1 Mentorship Program
- USMLESarthi Step 1 Mentorship Program is designed to support International Medical Graduates/Students as they study for the USMLE Step 1 exam. The program provides support, advice, and encouragement to students through relationships with ECFMG certified Physicians and medical students who have shown immense dedication to the field.
- Mentors encourage and guide students and show efficient studying methods for the exam that will help mentees secure a high score on the exam. At the same time, mentees learn about the nuances of different study techniques and resources to use.
- This program is being led by Dr. Sukrut Pagad, who wishes to help IMGs navigate Step 1 exam preparation successfully.
- Enrollment is on a rolling basis with a maximum of five (5) mentees assigned to one (1) mentor.
- After completing their profile using Trello, mentees must set up an initial one-on-one with the designated mentor within two days of enrollment to discuss the program's initial introduction and scope (max duration: 30-40min).
- Every Sunday of the week, the mentee must provide a detailed description of their schedule for the following week using Trello.
- Communications between the mentee and mentor take place via Trello. Mentor provides guidance when requested (Please note: mentor will NOT create a mentee's study schedule).
- Every weekend of the fourth week of the month, mentees (all) meet up via video conference to discuss strategies, resolve difficulties, and provide assistance to each other to study efficiently for USMLE Step 1.
- Group sessions take place via video conference and last anywhere between 30-60minutes (max). Upon enrollment, mentees will receive more information about the timings.
- Mentees also get an opportunity to interact with other mentees in a closed Telegram group and post questions and concerns about the exam.